Pages

Sunday 15 May 2011

A walk round Priddy Nine Barrows

We just finished a nice five mile walk around Priddy.  Parked by Stockhill Forest and then took the open ground by Priddy mineries by St. Cuthbert's Swallet and then up to the rows of tumuli where there were lovely views.

It's the sort of place that if I knew anything about nature then I'd be able to find all sorts of interesting flowers and fauna.

There were some interesting stone constructions poking out from underground which, we assumed, were part of the old lead mines.

George, as is becoming the norm with our walks, found some smelly poo, probably fox, and rolled around in it.  He still smells of it as I'm sitting in the back of the car home writing this with the aroma all around me.

I recorded the track with Google's My Tracks so when I've uploaded it I'll add the link to this post. Here's the link to the track we recorded http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=210918956449555810467.0004a353a8d40b913a248.

It was lovely and very beautiful, I'm just looking forward to putting my feet up with a glass of wine!




















No comments:

Post a Comment