Pages

Sunday 8 May 2011

Visitors

Today Oscar's Nanna and Grandad came to visit.  Nicky and I cooked together, yes I was allowed in the kitchen, and made maqlubah from the 'Arab Israeli cookbook'.

Preparations were well on the way and, to give the boys some fresh air, I took Oscar and George out for a walk. All of a sudden, near Collette Park, a rather handsome lurcher appeared. I think we've met him before in town and he's Hannah's dog Speedy. No owner in sight and George desperate to play pulled me all over the place while I tried to push the buggy along. Speedy followed us home and we're looking after him until the council opens tomorrow and we can get the dog warden round. We'd love to home him if the owner's can't be found.

It must have been quite a sight for Mick and Helen to arrive and find a lurcher tied up on a piece of string in the garden....

We had a lovely time together, Oscar played with some lovely toys that he was given.  It was a shame that time passed so quickly and can't wait for a return visit!

We'll see what happens with Speedy and hope he's reunited with his family soon.









No comments:

Post a Comment