Pages

Saturday 1 October 2011

Shepton Mallet Fun Run

Back at the start of the month there was a local run; the Shepton Mallet Fun Run.  It comes in either 10k 5k or a junior 1k.  I entered the 10k and Nicky, Oscar and Izzy (Oscar's key worker at his nursery) entered the 1k run.

It all looked like it was going to go well but Oscar was terrified of someone in a giant bear, which was supposed to encourage the kids to run, so refused to run so Nicky carried him for 1/2km before bowing out.  Stupid bears...

I did the 10km but was knackered; I hadn't run for ages so was glad I did it.  It happened to be a crazy heat wave so temperatures were an unexpected 26 degrees centigrade.

View Shepton Fun Run in a larger map


There was a good turn out for the Junior run, prizes for anyone who can spot Nicky, Izzy and Oscar 
The scary pirate bear....

Yes, it was hot but I got a medal and a butty to eat at the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment