Pages

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Eli and Klaus's visit

Klaus and Eli, our Austrian friends that Nicky met when working in Uganda, visited us from 27-30 July.  It's already some weeks since so, although I've not enough time to write much, I thought it best, as apparently pictures speak a thousand words, to at least put a post up with the pictures on.

Nicky drove to London to pick them up and took the opportunity to stop in Avebury to see the stone circles at dusk

Cheddar Gorge

Look Oscar came too!  After the climb up from the road we stopped for a lovely picnic to take in the views
Off we go again for a walk along the North side of the Gorge


I don't know if I look like this all the time but there's a lot of photos where I've got the daftest expression on...

We walked back along the road, the sheer rocks were rather striking


Oscar kept insisting that we wonder off into the gaps in the rocks

View Cheddar Gorge North in a larger map

Off to Lyme Regis

Time to get on the road!
Oscar really loved playing on the pebble beach



Stone mid flight
Woah Oscar, that's some kick!
Oscar and Nicky had a bit of a paddle
Watching the sail boats bob by.
Lyme Regis was pretty hilly...

Wells

I think this is called Abbots Close

This is the spring that Wells gets it's name from

Here's a panorama of the Bishop's palace and moat
On the last afternoon I went with Klaus and Eli for a short run up the hills into Ham wood via the old railway tunnel at Windsor Hill

View Windsor Tunnel Into Ham Wood Loop in a larger map

Now we'll just have to look forward to visiting them in Austria (where I can stuff my face with Mozart chocolate balls when we do!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment